How do you help contribute back to society and without sacrificing anything in return? The answer? Give back happiness. See, giving happiness back to society and making others smile is enough to make the world a better place to live in. For example, picture a group of comedians setting up a podium with an orchestra in New York City. Now, the group invites oblivious strangers to participate in their activity as the conductor of the orchestra. Imagine how challenging and chaotic it will be to coordinate a song as an amateur conductor! Who could pass up this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity?
“Somebody once said that in looking for people to hire, you look for three qualities: integrity, intelligence, and energy. And if you don’t have the first, the other two will kill you. You think about it; it’s true. If you hire somebody without [integrity], you really want them to be dumb and lazy.” Warren Buffett said in a statement. My question is, why does Warren Buffett, the world’s number three richest business magnate emphasized ‘integrity’ is the most important trait?
It is without question that no matter how hard (or serious) the problem is at work; an employee is obligated to fix it. Unfortunately, many bosses tend to think this way. They assume they are top dog in the company and view themselves as untouchable. Henceforth, it is someone else’s responsibility to find a solution and if the problem isn’t solved, bosses will immediately blame their team. Mentalities like this are toxic. They wither away your employee’s confidence, destroy morale, and they ultimately resign.
It takes only a fraction of a second to wrap your head around the fact you’re going to have a child. You and your partner’s heart swells in joy. You begin to imagine a bright future filled with laughter and good times ahead. However, not all things go as planned; you discover your unborn child is diagnosed with Down syndrome. Your happiness and joy transform into sadness and anxiety thinking of the mounting challenges they will face. This is normal for first-time parents to think about. You both will experience a handful of unexpected emotions ranging from confusion, anxiety, fear, to sadness. However, allow me to offer you encouragement; as parents, you will need to stay strong, stand tall, and open your hearts to give your child the best care possible.
Don’t you think people these days are so easily angered? Getting easily irritated or piqued by trivial matters all the time is really not good.
The ability to produce good outcomes or being successful in your job does not only depend on your cool ideas, determination, or competency. You must engage and interact with many other people, including colleagues in the same team and those from other departments. So you cannot overlook on being on the same page is the prime key. This stems from efficient communication with the fewest errors possible.
Did you know? Too much social media may make you feel more lonely without knowing it. and this could even escalate to depression. From a research conducted in 2014, in the USA, ‘Social Media Use and Perceived Social Isolation Among Young Adults in the U.S.’, found that the usage of social media affect teens’ sense of insecurity. It stated that teenagers who spend more than two hours a day on social networking are more likely to feel lonely.
I like Phra Luang Vassalai’s book, which he wrote to teach the disciples. My favorite principle from the book is what I’m going to share with you today, “Forgiveness is essential in our everyday life as we cannot avoid confrontation.” We certainly want everyday to be a good day. Starting your day with positive attitudes will increase your productivity and your health.
In Thai, the word forgiveness derives from “no threat”. By not holding grudges is simply a mindful charity to another person’s wrongdoing. Individuals who practice forgiveness is usually full of love and it shows in their personality. Their vibes and aura are certainly different from people who are negative and hold grudges. When you hold grudges and anger, it does more harm to yourself than the other person. Here’s how to learn to let go.
- Forgiveness is actually a gift to yourself. When you choose to forgive. You are putting yourself at ease from the situation. You will feel the sense of calmness by not holding yourself to negative thoughts towards someone else.
- Forgiveness is a sign of strength. Mahatma Gandhi has quoted,”The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” It means not letting negative feeling toward the wrongdoing increase anger in your mind.
- Forgiveness is self-love. When you love yourself, you will keep away from any kinds of toxins in your life. We want to live life free of anger, bitterness or resentment. “We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Forgiveness gives peace. When our minds are peaceful, there is peace. That’s the time we do not have envy or anger in our hearts. As Ajahn Chah has quoted, “If you forgive small, you will receive small peace. If you forgive much, you will have much greater peace. And if you forgive all your heart, you will feel peaceful at the depths of your heart. ”
- Give and receive forgiveness. People are most likely to want to get more than to give. Especially when there’s wrongdoing, we certainly want to be forgiven. So when someone has done you wrong. Forgive them because we all want to be treated with kindness.
No one is purely bad. We all do our best part everyday. But when we’re hurt by someone, intentionally or unintentionally, remember that we are all humans and we’re allowed to make mistakes. Practice forgiveness as much as you can as it’s easier to forgive and let go than to stay angry and hold grudges.
Nobody wants to fail. But failing is an inevitable aspect of life: personal life, at work, or love life. Since it’s impossible to not fail. We all need to look at our failures differently. Success comes from the ability to get up over and over again regardless of how many times we fall down. Many world leaders and successful individuals have frequently failed.
Everybody’s searching for true love. To those who have found it, congratulations. It isn’t easy for love to be born between two people. They not only have to meet, they must go through good times and bad until love develops. The love that partners show to each other varies depending on the couple, and each couple needs time to adjust or get used to each other. Over time, love can change. The perfect love that we desire is sometimes too much, or maybe not enough. Honestly, is it possible to maintain the level of love between two people to be forever balanced?